There are two locations you can choose from that will have dumpsters available on Saturday the 21st of June. Depending on what you need to drop off you may want to go to a specific one. For instance they are doing Paper Shredding at the River Road location only, and there is a limit on the paper shredding which will be 4 boxes per household. You might be asking yourself "what size boxes?" that I could not tell you. I am assuming an average size large box. I don't think they will be too picky as long as people do not get carried away.
Also at the River Road location they will be taking televisions, computer monitors, and computer towers as well. With these items however they are asking that they be NON-Damaged, however non-working is fine. Basically they cannot take televisions or computer monitors that have been torn apart for environmental reasons is the short version. Now I did ask a city employee if it was okay to bring TV parts like the plastic backs or cases (not the tubes) and I was told those kinds of pieces should be fine to put right into the dumpsters.
- Side note to my local readers - as many of you know we pick up metal and appliances FREE all year long, and if you have computer towers or any computer parts & pieces please let us know and we will pick them up locally or you can bring them to us.We personally DO NOT take televisions or monitors as they cost money to dispose of properly. If you have metal/appliances/computer parts or towers, drop a comment below or email me. Also can find other contact info for us on http://about.me/KimSager
- Wood (8' or less)
- House Furniture
- Lawn Furniture
- Box Spring
- TVs ( River Road Location Only)
- Computer Monitors/Towers (River Road Location Only)
Dumpsters will be at the locations below for city residents to begin dropping items off at 8am Saturday June 21st 2014 and will stay open until 5pm.
- Francis Park - Located off Louisiana (just a little west of Gulf Middle School on Louisiana on the opposite side of road).
- 6131 South River Road (Where River Road Church Property was) - This is the location for Paper Shredding & TVs/Monitors/Towers.